Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon poppy seeds
1teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees).
2. Whisk together the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
3. In another medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture alternately with the milk in batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating just until blended. Stir in the lemon peel.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let it cool and you can enjoy it without any guilt!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
patilaw nalang ana kay dili ko kabalo magbake...cguro lami jud na ba...ReplyDelete
Sorry, now lang nako nabasa imong comment...Well, I love my own so mejo lami jud...;)ReplyDelete