2 lbs beef shank
shanghai greens, bok choy or brussels sprouts (I use the greens that are in season)
3 pcs corn, each cut into 3 parts
2 tbsp whole pepper corn
1 medium sized onion
1/2 liter of water
green chili (if you want it spicy)
2 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
1. In a big cooking pot, pour in water and bring to a boil. (You can use a slow cooker or a pressure cooker)
2. Put-in the beef shank followed by the onion and whole pepper corn then simmer for 1.5 hours (30 mins if using a pressure cooker) or until meat is tender. ( I cooked it slow for a good 2 hours)
3. Add the corn and simmer for another 10 minutes
4. Add the fish sauce, shanghai greens, pechay, and green onion or shallots
5. Add a little paprika and turmeric.
6. Serve hot with jasmine rice. Enjoy!
Post a Comment